Mental support after the immediate postpartum period
Becoming a mother is one of the most drastic events of your life.
It’s not at all unusual to feel unbalanced after the birth. Kraamzorg VDA offers the option of (free) help and support for up to 9 nine months after the birth.
What kind of help can we give after the immediate postpartum period?
- we can help you come to terms with the birth
- we can help you come to terms with a miscarriage or a stillbirth
- PTSS symptoms
- low moods or symptoms of possible depression after the immediate postpartum period
- if you are having difficulty coping with the baby or a family in the first weeks after the birth
- if you find it hard to combine motherhood with your job
- if relationship problems develop following the birth of your children
- if you have lost your self-confidence and/or your confidence in your ability to be a mother
- if you have difficulty coping as a single mother
- if you have difficulty coping as an (extremely) young mother
- if you have questions about, or problems with, your sex life after the birth
- if you need help coming to terms with infertility treatment
What are the (free) options?
- Individual coaching: You can visit our coaching surgery, every Tuesday afternoon from one to five o’clock (please make an appointment, see “to register”).
- Group coaching: We hold group sessions in the afternoon of every first Monday of the month, from two to four o’clock, where women can meet and talk without their babies, under the supervision of our coach-midwife. They can share their experiences and feelings about their new role of mother. Sometimes, it may become clear that a mother needs individual coaching after attending the meeting.
Both the individual coaching sessions and the group meetings are held at Kraamzorg VDA, Hurksestraat 42-20 in Eindhoven.
You can register at email@example.com. If you have any other questions, you can ring our coach-midwife wife Lonneke van Houten, on line 06 – 46 14 57 01.