THE DELIVERY AND MATERNITY PERIOD
When your labour begins, you must ring your midwife and she will contact us. The maternity assistant will come to you and get everything ready. She will help you and your partner and assist the midwife. She will not do any medical tasks.
Immediately after the birth, the maternity assistant will look after you and your baby. She will keep an eye on both of you, watching carefully over your health in the hours immediately after the birth. She will give practical tips about caring for your baby. Depending on the exact time of the birth, the maternity assistant will stay with you for at least two hours after the birth of the placenta.
The maternity period
Our maternity assistant will do everything she can to make sure you have a wonderful maternity period and will teach you how to care for your tiny infant:
- She will help you get used to the new rhythm of life and the new situation.
- She will check your health and intervene if necessary.
- She will give you information about general health.
- She will act as a host for your visitors.
- She will run the household.
- She will make appointments for the “heel prick” test and aural screening.